No Smoking Policy
As a part of our continuing commitment to building a healthier community for our patients, visitors, employees and guests, smoking is NOT permitted on the Parkway campus.
Contact us at 256.350.2211 for more information on how we can provide you with the tools you need to make your attempt at quitting successful. Or contact the Alabama Tobacco Quitline…
The Alabama Tobacco Quitline
Quitline services are free
What is Quitline?
- A tobacco cessation service that provides support materials, counseling service, referrals, and nicotine patches for Alabama citizens
Why have a Quitline?
- Tobacco use is the single most preventable cause of death in the United States
- Quitelines are easy to use
- All you need is a phone
Who can call the Quitline?
- Any Alabama resident for themselves or others
What are the Quitline hours?
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., calls placed after these hours and on weekends or holidays
- Will be returned the next business day
How does Quitline work?
- An intake specialist will collect information
- You can be referred for immediate counseling or you can set a date for a counselor to call you back
- A counselor will work with you to prepare your individualized quit plan and set a quit date.
- After at least one counseling session, you will be mailed two weeks of nicotine patches if
- medically eligible
- If you continue counseling, a second two-week supply of nicotine patches will be mailed to you
Who do I talk to at the Quitline?
- Counselors with bachelor’s or master’s level training
- Most are tobacco cessation treatment specialists
When you are ready to “QUIT” tobacco use, they are ready to help…
Dial: 1.800.Quit.Now (800.784.8669)