Each day at Parkway Medical Center, our volunteers play a vital role in the healing process of our patients. These special people freely offer their time in order to help others. They provide many extra services that allow our staff to focus on patient care.
The Parkway Voluteen program is a summer internship that works much like the regular volunteer program with similar opportunities. You must be at least 14 years of age by the end of the school term to apply as a Parkway Volunteen.- add
What does a volunteer do?
- Deliver flowers
- Deliver mail
- Transport patients by wheelchair to other areas of the hospital
- Assist patients in leaving the hospital at the time of discharge
- Deliver supplies to departments
- Clerical duties as requested by departments
- Assist with special hospital functions and events
- Perform other duties requested that can be helpful to staff, patients and visitors
What are the benefits of being a volunteer?
- Make new friends
- Grow in understanding
- Use your many talents
- Develop new interests
- Enjoy the deep satisfaction that comes with helping others
- Free MatureLife Membership after one year
- Free meal during your volunteer duty (minimum of four hours per week)
If you are interested in Volunteer Services at Parkway Medical Center, please contact the Volunteer Services Department at 256.301.3431 or send an email to email@example.com