Scale Back Alabama – Weigh In At Parkway Medical CenterJanuary 7, 2011
Weight Loss Assistance
Set to begin its fifth year in 2011, Scale Back Alabama is a statewide weight-loss contest that started in January 2007. The purpose of the 10-week contest is to encourage Alabamians to lose weight, to exercise and to have fun while doing it. Last year’s campaign drew more than 30,000 people in almost every county with a cumulative reported weight loss of almost 200,000 pounds.
• All individuals that wish to participate in Scale Back Alabama must form a team of exactly four members, one of whom will serve as a team captain and create a name for your team. Each team member must register at an official Scale Back Alabama weigh-in site. Team members are not required to weigh at the same time but must weigh in at the same site.
• Parkway Medical Center Weigh In days are Thursday, January 27, 7:30 a.m. -.6:00 p.m. and Friday, January 28 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the Pavilion for Women and Children. Everyone who weighs in will receive a free gift!
There is no charge for participating in the contest, and teams are eligible to win statewide prizes. Click here for more information about the prizes.
- To be eligible for team prizes, each team member must lose at least 10 pounds during the 10-week contest, as recorded by a coordinator at a Scale Back Alabama weigh-in site.
- Winning teams will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible teams.
- The first team drawn will win $1,000 per team member, or a total of $4,000 for the entire team.
- The second team drawn will win $500 per team member, or a total of $2,000 for the entire team.
- The third team drawn will be rewarded $250 per team member, or a total of $1,000 for the entire team.
- All individuals who lose at least 10 pounds, as recorded by a coordinator at a Scale Back Alabama weigh-in site, will be eligible for an individual prize, regardless of their team’s achievement. However, individuals that are drawn for a team prize, are not eligible to win the individual prizes.
- From the pool of eligible contestants, 50 individuals drawn will win one of 50 achievement prizes of $100 per person.
- The individual prize drawings will be conducted after the Webcast on April 28, 2010 and posted on the Web site approximately two hours after the conclusion of the Webcast.